A recent development with an old friend is poking at me at the moment. They are in a situation that not only have I gone through, (and the advice I gave them went completely out the window), but their lifestyle is something I’m ALSO not happy with knowing all too much about. It’s poking me mentally and starting to pull at the threads of some old wounds. But, that’s what therapists are for I guess. Anyhoo……..
I’m on summer break at the moment from school and when I don’t have some sort of plan or routine to work with, my brainmeats declare war against me. War in the sense of it keeps picking me apart, poking old wounds to reopen them, and just being a general royal pain in my ass. My ass is already ENOUGH of a pain being all fabulous in its glory of awesomeness, so I figured the best thing to do is to keep myself busy, and to get some art projects I’ve been putting off done.
My pintrest addiction is assisting in this. Hey! I do NOT have a problem, I can totally quit any time. Just let me pin these last thousand pins……….
This week I did some dollar store shopping to make apothecary jars. Its ridiculously simple to make these. All you need is the following:
- Jars (If you like upcycling, you can totally use a pickle jar)
- Candlestick holders (make sure that the jars will be able to balance on them first)
- spray paint (one that will work on plastics and glass are best. I picked one with a gloss finish so they’ll shine a bit)
- draw knobs
- E6000 glue
Steps are again, ridiculously easy.
- Glue to knobs to the center of the tops of the jars.
- Spray paint both the lids and the candlestick holders whatever color you wish. Let them dry completely before you do anything. I waited an entire 24 hours.
- Glue the candlestick holders to the bottom of the jar.
- Marvel at how amazingly talented you are!
And this was my end result:
See??!! Ridiculously simple!!
With this first Self-Pintrest Challenge completed, I will move on to another dollar store one where I goth out the cheesy religious angel statues later. That will be a bit more tricky as it requires some delicate painting so those might end up being in the “nailed it” pile.
I’ll share any other Pintrest creations later. Have fun, try not to glue yourself to anything! Unless you are into that kind of thing. If so, kinky and do NOT send pics!